Monday 29 April 2013

Karis's 100 Word challenge - Week 28

It was Friday the thirteenth. As I opened my eyes I glared at the dark, looming scene around me.  Scared and worried, tired and cold, I sat on the metal roof, still.  The skies were grey and I had lost all hope.  My home was destroyed, my family were dead and my life was over.  An icy, cold tear rolled down my shameful face.  I sat next to my brother and held my hand on his cheek. He was gone.  As I clambered out of the burned rubble.  Screams ran through my head the noise was deafening. No more life!

5 comments:

  1. What an emotive piece of work Karis. This gave me goosebumps when I read it. I can see you have used a 2 pairs sentence too. Lovely use of vocabulary such as 'clambered' for effect. Don't forget your text layout. Think about where you could have begin a new paragraph.
    Brilliant writing.
    Mrs P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good piece of work karis. it made me shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning piece of writing, Karis - I thoroughly enjoyed reading it (even if the subject matter is rather upsetting!). The language you've chosen to use is so effective - well done! Take a look at the 'As I clambered...' sentence - does it need a comma instead of a full stop at the end?
    Mr K :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was really emotional but if you were sad would you glare into the darkness?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Karis,
    Your 100 word challenge was amazing and I enjoyed reading it. I like how you have used an amazing adjective such as ' looming '. Also, I like how you have used a great opener such as ' as I clambered '. Next time, you could use some more adjectives such as ' gargantuan, petrified and blazing '. Other than that a very BIG WELL DONE! From your quad blogging buddies at www.6D2012.highlawnprimary.net

    ReplyDelete