Friday 15 March 2013

Grace's 100 Word Challenge Week 23

Warm and inticing, relaxing and calm, the bath beckoned me but neithertheless I separated from it. There were more important things to do. Remembering to feed Baker, the family cat, I braced myself for the harsh, bitter coldness. If there was a reason not to be a detective, if there was a reason not to be a human, that was it. I bit my lip and I thought about the case.
 Ten years ago a rich, hard-working family found a child (or at least, a youth) dead on their doorstep. They claimed it was 'more mysterious why she wore an orange minidress than if she was alive!' They didn't know she was my sister......

4 comments:

  1. Mr Aldred - Team100WC15 March 2013 at 20:58

    Hi Grace,

    what a superb story! Some beautiful descriptive language there. Just one thing, it's nevertheless rather than neithertheless. But well done! A brilliant story. I look forward to the next instalment :D

    Mr Aldred, London, UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love the use of short sentences,it makes it so dramatic! Brilliant story Enid blyton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow,I enjoyed reading your 100 word challenge. I thought it was really good ,it was a well puntuated story. I like your ending exspecilly it was like a clif hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear, Grace:)
    I really like your 100 word challange this week, its really discriptive, I like how you said nethertheless I think this is a good connective. Next time, maybe you could add some more punctuation other that commas and full stops.
    From your friend Annalese at Highlawn primary
    www.6d2012.highlawnprimary.net

    ReplyDelete