Friday 1 February 2013

Mya's 100 Word Challenge - Week 17

I was running through the forest, the key grasped tightly in my fingers. I ran to the green camouflage door. I shoved the key in the lock and it opened with a creek. Terror washed over me as I saw what was behind the door. Skulls and bones from past centuries covered the tunnels. Vines weaved between eye sockets. My jaw dropped, so did the key, at that moment a shadow crept over me, darkening my path. I let out a scream. I froze on the spot with fear- I wanted to move but I was so scared. So scared.

7 comments:

  1. Very much impressed by the idea of writing about the key already being in your hand, and then dropped. You made effective use of sentences with varying lengths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mya,

    Your story could almost be an opening scene from a film such as Indiana Jones. You capture the imagination of the reader as you build the tension by the series of events you describe and you appear to have used exactly 100 words to achieve this. WELL DONE! :)

    I think you are a very creative and talented writer. I most certainly hope you continue entering the 100WC. Perhaps I will see another entry in the group I check in a future 100WC.

    @RossMannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mya, great puntuation. How did the sculls get there and why did the creepy shadow creep up on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mya, Amazing story ,i loved it.

    Zaynah Ash Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mya,
    We are are Ayush and Hannah from Ash class. We really liked your 100 word challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Mya
    I love the part where you have put
    Vines weaved through eye sockets
    I thought that part of your 100 word challenge was super well done, Keep up the really hard work
    From your class mate
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mya! It's me, Grace and that is super! I adore the way you've used such ambitious verbs like 'weaved' and 'washed past me' rather than 'went' or something. Very creative of you to say you've dropped the key rather than saying you picked it up.Maybe you could end it with an eclipse rather than a full stop but other than that it's super!

    ReplyDelete