Wednesday 23 January 2013

100 Word Challenge - Week 16 by Grace

Heavy footsteps. Running. Towards me! I’m stuck – frozen solid. He’s pushing me. I’m falling. Covered in the frosting like snow that’s coming from the sky. The whole, colourful caravan shook, waking up Water, my pet dog. Some dogs are stupid; others (like Water) are very clever. Before Water I had a stupid ,or at least silly, dog called Green. Water’s an Irish Wolfhound so he loved going for walks. At that moment he bounded outside like his life depended on it. I shook my head glumly, slipped my jumper and went to join him. The sight I saw was terrifying…

7 comments:

  1. well done emelia i realy like your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I really like your story, Its really good!
    I like that we dont know who the person is and that you put a dog in the story i think that really adds effect.
    Well done!

    From Liam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Grace. An unusual piece of writing from you this week. Look at your second to last sentence. Can you see something wrong with it?
    Mrs Prior

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah Team 100WC25 January 2013 at 09:48

    Hi Grace, thank you for your 100WC entry, it was a very creative piece of writing. Well done for using all the prompt words as well! Your story has a lot of different things going on all at once which could sometimes be confusing for the reader so just look out for this in future stories. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Grace,
    I enjoyed this post a lot. Your short sentences at the start helped to build tension and made me want to read on. The addition of the dog was interesting, as were the extra details you included and the range of sentence starts.
    In my opinion this worked well. Keep on writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic 100 word challenge Grace! I am absolutely gob-smacked about how clever, creative and gripping this short story is. Some people just try to write a whole story - and fail! But I love the fact you haven't tried, that you've thought carefully about what you write; and most importantly made every word count! Well done Grace, NEVER STOP WRITING!

    ReplyDelete