Friday 9 November 2012

On Remembrance Day

On Remembrance Day...
By Sam.G & Ethan.W
We wear our poppies with pride,
To remember those who have died,
We will never forget them.

Our soldiers who have been brave,
For now we have all been saved,
We will never forget them.

We are grateful for all the deaths of,
Men, women and animals who tried to protect us,
We will never forget them.

As bullets fly,
 Our brave soldiers die,
We will never forget them.

Up till this day, our soldiers still die,
On the eleventh of the eleventh, 
We will remember thy.
On Remembrance Day.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the rhyming I tried to rhyme on mine but it didn't work. I also like how you have added some old English

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maple
    Ethan and Sam I think that your poem is great.
    You have some brilliant ryming words in there. I can't think of anything you could improve.
    from, Amy in maple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done boys. I like the repeating line which adds structure to your poem. It can be quite tricky to make a poem rhyme and it still be credible yet you have managed to do this well.
    A great and fitting tribute.
    Mrs Prior

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done I really enjoyed reading this poem Sam and Ethan I especially liked the rhyming couplet:

    "As bullets FLY
    Our soldiers DIE"

    from Harvey,Maple class

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of how you have ended each paragraph 'I will not forget them'
    Karis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ethan and Sam,
    In your poem I liked the way you used the repeating line 'we will never forget them.' I also liked the rhyming words you put in there eg; Pride and died, Fly and die.

    From Callum.

    ReplyDelete