Thursday 13 September 2012

Sam G's 100 Word Challenge Week 1


It was a grey lousy day in London. The damp humid fog lingered around the streets and terraces in the early morning hours. I looked up from my bedroom window up into grey sheet of cloud. Then a flash appeared in the sky. I looked closer. Something was heading straight for Earth. A ball of fire. I ran down stairs, out the door “Help, help!” I shouted, but nobody could her me I ran down the street quicker and quicker. Suddenly “BANG!” looking behind me I saw a cloud of smoke. I fell on the floor. I was dead.


4 comments:

  1. Great stuff Sam. You really created tension in your writing and I love how you used 'lingered.'
    Really clever idea to use the prompt at the end, our children will try that next week.

    Mr.Aiston
    Newdale Primary

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Sam I really like your 100 word challenge I think Its really good and the way you described the city of London was really good.from Harvey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sam. I really like it because it is so mysterious and you don't give too much away in the one hundred words. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant writing Sam; I kept on wanting to read more. However, you wouldn't realise you were dead if you were dead because you'd be dead. New record- 3 deads written in one sentence!(Virtual hi-five).

    ReplyDelete